Expanflex type AL Bottom Connection ASME Expansion Tanks are designed for use in hydronic heating/cooling systems to accept the additional fluid caused by the heating of the heat transfer fluid. The tank returns this fluid to the system as the system temperatures are lowered.
The bottom system connection allows the bladder to operate in a stress-free atmosphere as the heavy duty butyl bladder is always supported by the tank shell and the fluid is removed from the bottom of the tank where it rests during storage. This bottom connection also eliminates the tank as a place where system particles can settle out of suspension and later be released back into the system in a concentrated form, causing problems with pump seals, plugging balancing valves and system controls.
• 100 % acceptance factor
• Permanent separation of air/water over the life of the system
• Water is “in the bag” – steel tank never touches the water
• Tanks have a replaceable bladder
• Can be manifolded for additional capacity or to fit through an existing door
• Factory precharged and field adjustable
Features AL Series